Spring applications will be available in mid-June
This program is your chance to build a foundation for a career involving China, whether you work in the US or return to China after graduation.
What is unique about this program?
- Internship plus an internship course*
- Electives taught in English
- Chinese language courses
- Out-of-classroom learning
- Based on a university campus; Housing with local roommates (may be suspended due to COVID)
CET is the premier study abroad organization in China known for its language teaching and local connections with roots that go back over 30 years. CET students benefit from their strong network of alumni, colleagues, and friends.
* See college requirements
What is unique about Shanghai?
Shanghai’s energy and entrepreneurial spirit make it the perfect place to expand your horizons. Meet professionals. Make friends with your internship colleagues. Hop on a high speed train—you can be almost anywhere in the country in half a day. Then, use your skills and connections (and the CET China Alumni Job Board) to make your way back to Shanghai after graduation.
How do I learn more about CET?
- Connect with a CET student ambassador.
- Hear from past participants in CET: Shanghai's student voices archive.
- Review CET's COVID-19 Playbook
Things to consider before applying
- Review the information on the Education Abroad Office’s Get Started page for important considerations on academics and finances, and a guide to next steps
- Find answers on the Education Abroad FAQ and resource pages for Cornell study abroad policy, health, and safety updates
- Still have questions? Visit the Get Advice page and learn how to connect with an Education Abroad Advisors
- Want to keep up to date with Cornellians Abroad? Follow Education Abroad on social media, @cornelliansabroad, @CornellEducationAbroad
How do I apply?
Applying to study abroad is a two-step process. You may complete both steps simultaneously, but the Cornell approval process must be complete before your program advisor in the Office of Global Learning can submit any approval or nomination to the program.
- For Cornell Approval, click on the "Apply" button on this webpage. Applications are approved by the Office of Global Learning on a rolling basis until the application deadline listed on this page.
- For Program Admission, complete an external application directly on the program’s webpage, using the link in the “Snapshot” section. (Note: This deadline may be in advance of the general Cornell deadline for approval. Many programs fill by rolling admission.