Residential Sustainability Leaders (RSLs)
Join our exceptional team of students leading sustainable change on campus!
Residential Sustainability Leaders (RSL) is a volunteer program open to all Cornell students who want to learn about climate change, sustainability, and environmental justice. RSLs develop teamwork and leadership skills, and engage peers in building a culture of sustainability across campus. RSLs work in collaboration with the Campus Sustainability Office, Housing & Residential Life, and multiple other departments to identify issues, foster sustainable behaviors, and implement real solutions to advance sustainability within Cornell's residential communities.
How to Apply
Fill out the interest form on the RSL website. Meetings start in September, and you can join anytime during the year.
- Open to all Cornell students
- We seek to have one or more students serving as RSLs for every on-campus residential community.
- RSLs are expected to commit for the full academic year. Students can join the team anytime throughout the year.
Roles & Responsibilities
- RSLs will serve as peer educators for the residential communities where they live, and will assist in implementing initiatives like the Sustainable Room Certification. RSLs who live off-campus will assist with on-campus initiatives and may be designated to serve specific residential communities.
- Based on your interests, members will participate on project teams, plan & assist with campus events, coordinate outreach & social media campaigns, collect and analyze data via surveys and interviews, and more!
If you have any questions, please contact us.
About Our Office: The Campus Sustainability Office is a fun, close-knit community where interns and fellows are true members of a team. Time for professional development, team-building, and campus exploration are a part of our working hours. Our interns have gone on to work for Google, marketing companies, energy consulting firms, and more. Learn about our team.