Residential Sustainability Leaders (RSLs)
Join our exceptional team of students leading sustainable change on campus!
Residential Sustainability Leaders (RSL) is a volunteer program open to all Cornell students who want to learn about climate change, sustainability, and environmental justice. RSLs develop teamwork and leadership skills, and engage peers in building a culture of sustainability across campus. RSLs work in collaboration with the Campus Sustainability Office, Housing & Residential Life, and multiple other departments to identify issues, foster sustainable behaviors, and implement real solutions to advance sustainability within Cornell's residential communities.
How to Apply
Sign-up by completing this short form and attending our first RSL meeting on September 13th, 6:00-7:00PM EST.
You will receive a meeting reminder, along with meeting location, via email prior to the first meeting. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis.
- Open to all Cornell students
- We seek to have one or more students serving as RSLs for every on-campus residential community.
- RSLs must attend weekly 1-hour meetings on Mondays from 6:00-7:00pm, starting September 13th
- RSLs are expected to commit for the full academic year, September 2021 - May 2022. However, students may apply to join anytime.
Roles & Responsibilities
- RSLs will serve as peer educators for the residential communities where they live, and will assist in implementing initiatives like the Green Room Certification. RSLs who live off-campus will assist with on-campus initiatives and may be designated to serve specific residential communities.
- Based on your interests, members will participate on project teams, plan & assist with campus events, coordinate outreach & social media campaigns, collect and analyze data via surveys and interviews, and more!
If you have any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Our Office: The Campus Sustainability Office is a fun, close-knit community where interns and fellows are true members of a team. Time for professional development, team-building, and campus exploration are a part of our working hours. Our interns have gone on to work for Google, marketing companies, energy consulting firms, and more. Learn about our team.