- Cornell Undergraduate Students
Minimum GPA: 3.00
Colleges may also have specific requirements for study abroad (GPA, prior study at Cornell, ability to study abroad in your final semester, etc.). Learn about your college's policies. For example, your college may have a higher GPA requirement for approval than what is required by the program itself.
Students in Arts & Sciences must fulfill language requirements prior to studying abroad for a semester. For study in China, A&S students must complete, or place out of Chinese 1102.
While A&S students cannot earn academic credit for internships, A&S students can take the internship course and receive 12 academic credits for the semester.
General Global Learning Requirements
- be in good academic standing
- be in good disciplinary standing
- be able to study abroad and graduate on time
- meet the requirements of the program for admission
- meet college requirements for approval
- Students may not study abroad in their country of residence (see your college if you have questions)
CET’s admissions requirements include an online application form, a transcript, a foreign language writing sample, and one letter of recommendation. CET programs are designed for undergraduates who maintain an overall GPA of at least 3.0. However, admissions decisions are made on a case-by-case basis, so COrnell students with lower GPAs are encouraged to apply if they have college approval.