- Cornell Undergraduate Students
Minimum GPA: 2.75
Applicants must meet the following eligibility:
- minimum GPA of 2.75 at time of application
- currently enrolled in an undergraduate major in CALS;
- successfully completed at least one year of college coursework by the start of the program;
- returning to Cornell for the Fall semester;
- available to work for a minimum of a continuous eight-week period between June 1 and August 15
- be open to discussing and exploring intercultural and global topics both outside and in direct relation to their own cultural identity.
Global Development Students
- The program includes three required parts: a pre-engagement portfolio (completed in Canvas), a continuous 7–8-week internship or research placement in an international setting, and a 1-credit post-engagement course in the first 7-weeks of the Fall 2023 semester (ALS/GDEV 3105).
Some knowledge of Italian is preferred but not required.
We encourage you to apply to your first-choice program only. There is a space within the application to indicate if you have a second choice. If you are interested in two opportunities that are very different from one another and would prefer to write two statements of purpose, you may upload both to the same application in ONE document. Make sure they are clearly titled with the correct placement opportunity IF you are writing two statements.
You may preview the application without starting an application by clicking on the “preview application” button next to the apply button. All applications contain the same questions and all information related to the program can be found within the experience page. There is no additional information within the application.