- Non-Cornell Students
The application website will ask you for a statement describing your background, educational goals, and your scientific interests. Be sure to tell us about your computer experience and include any other information you think is relevant!
We do not require that you have college research experience, but if you have any, tell us about it in your personal essay. Did you participate in a standalone research program, either an REU or something similar, or did you do your research during the school year, either as part of a class or outside of your coursework? How did you become engaged in it? What did you do? How long were you engaged? How much time were you putting in per week? What did you learn, in terms of science, skills, your understanding of how science is made and of science as a potential career?
You will also be asked to submit contact information for two letter writers and transcripts as supporting materials.
- Please name your files as follows
- If you submit more than one of any kind of document, please identify them with a version number or a date after the type of document. This will prevent mix-ups.
- The application website will generate an e-mail requesting your letter-writers to upload their letters once you enter their information.
- Double check email addresses for typos!
- Please ask your reference writers to name their files
Uploading is preferred and is the most efficient means of processing your application materials. If necessary, however, you can contact astroreu at cornell dot edu to make alternative arrangements.