Expenses: Approximate costs for the 14-day program.
- Airfare: Students will apply for the Cornell Off-Campus Opportunity Fund (OCOF). Guidelines for the OCOF grant will be provided after students are admitted into the program.
- Housing and food: Students will receive an ILR grant to cover the cost.
- Cornell travel nurse/medical for vaccinations: $150, depending on student's vaccination history (or a visit with a personal physician)
- Vietnam visa: $100 (single entry)
- Incidentals: $300 (estimated depending on personal spending habits)
- UHC (emergency evacuation insurance): Free for Cornell students
Funding: Program costs including housing, meals, program-related transportation, excursions in Ho Chi Minh City (Saigon), the Mekong Delta, and the Chu Chi Tunnels will be covered by the ILR School through a special grant.
Students will be required to pay for all personal-related spending in Vietnam (souvenirs, post-program travel, etc.), passport costs, immunizations, and health insurance coverage while in Vietnam (most health insurance policies already cover international healthcare costs).