Hong Kong is a great study abroad destination. It’s one of the safest places for international students to study, bringing together culture, lifestyle and industry exposure and experience.
What is unique about this program?
The Hong Kong Polytechnic University (Poly U) was founded in 1937, with the mission of providing high quality education of an applied nature to meet the needs of a changing society. They are committed to equipping students with professional competency as well as maintaining a strong partnership with the business and industrial sectors.
Poly U has the largest student community among publicly funded universities in Hong Kong, with approximately 11,500 full-time and 5,000 part-time students. Poly U is the sole provider of full-time honors degree programs in the following areas in Hong Kong: design, engineering physics, fashion and textiles, medical laboratory science, international shipping and transport logistics, occupational therapy, optometry, physiotherapy, radiography and geo-informatics.
What is unique about Hong Kong?
With a population of over 7 million, Hong Kong is one of the most dynamic and prosperous metropolitan cities in Asia. Hong Kong is at the center of the fashion industry and represents its future. It has some of the best shopping in the world, from gleaming malls to lively stalls in markets and city streets. Besides famous tourist destinations, and the spectacular night view from Victoria Peak, you will also find hill and mountain trails, beautiful beaches, traditional villages and heritage sites.
How do I choose among programs?
- See the Office of Global Learning’s “” page for information on program types and considerations
- Use the search features on the Opportunities page to filter for programs approved by your college, and by particular subject areas
- Go to the “” page for information on drop-in advising hours, scheduling an advising appointment, returned student contacts, and college advisors for study abroad
- Find out about , check out , and read from returned study abroad students
How do I apply?
Applying to study abroad is a two-step process. You may complete both steps simultaneously, but the Cornell approval process must be complete before your program advisor in the Office of Global Learning can submit any approval or nomination to the program.
- For Cornell Approval, click on the "Apply" button on this webpage. Applications are approved by the Office of Global Learning on a rolling basis until the application deadline listed on this page.
- For Program Admission, complete an external application directly on the program’s webpage, using the link in the “Snapshot” section. (Note: This deadline may be in advance of the general Cornell deadline for approval. Many programs fill by rolling admission.)