DIS has rolling admissions and popular courses can fill early
What is unique about this program?
At DIS Stockholm, you will build your semester by choosing a Core Course from one of nine Academic Programs that represent academic disciplines unique to Stockholm and Sweden's industry and educational interest and expertise, plus three or four elective courses that expand across 37 disciplines. DIS courses will challenge you to examine topics from various perspectives. Learn how concepts and issues are perceived, lived, and theorized in Europe; and reflect on the cultural norms and values that shape you. With DIS Stockholm, you will travel with your class and faculty on two course-integrated Study Tours in Europe, during which you will visit important sites and meet with local experts who add their perspectives to your knowledge of the field.
Core Programs available at DIS Stockholm
|Gender & Sexuality Studies||Medical Practice & Policy|
|Public Health||Terrorism & Security|
|Vikings & Power|
What is unique about Stockholm?
Stockholm is effortless to explore. Comprised of fourteen islands, with a public transit system that travels across waterways, the city is well connected. While some corners of Stockholm are characteristically urban, others are natural landscapes – making your next cross-country ski adventure or kayaking afternoon all within easy reach.
While rich in history and culture, Sweden prides itself on progressive thinking, openness, diversity, and equality. As home to the Nobel Prize and a list of prestigious universities, institutions, and leading innovators, Stockholm offers the context of a capital led by forward-looking decision makers and scholars.
How do I get more information about DIS?
- Join a DIS Information Session or Advising Session! DIS staff are friendly and well-equipped to answer any questions you have about studying and living in Stockholm.
- Learn more about the city on the DIS Stockholm YouTube page.
- Review the DIS COVID-19 Planning page and other pertinent information on their Health, Safety, and Support page.
- Share the Parents page with your family, who may have their own questions about your semester abroad experience.
Things to Consider Before Applying
- Review the information on the Education Abroad Office’s Get Started page for important considerations on academics and finances, and a guide to next steps.
- Find answers on the Education Abroad FAQ and resource pages for Cornell study abroad policy, health, and safety updates.
- Still have questions? Visit the Get Advice page and learn how to connect with an Education Abroad Advisors.
- Want to keep up to date with Cornellians Abroad? Follow Education Abroad on social media, @cornelliansabroad, @CornellEducationAbroad
How do I apply?
For Cornell Approval: Click on the "Apply" button on this webpage, and complete all components of the application by the deadline listed on this page. Applications are reviewed and approved by the Office of Global Learning on a rolling basis.
For Program Admission: Once your Cornell application is approved, the Office of Global Learning will nominate your application to DIS for admission. DIS will review your information and will reach out to applicants directly with an admissions decision and next steps. (Note: DIS has rolling admission and popular courses can fill early.)