EARLY DEADLINE for Spring applications
Yonsei University's Exchange Program offer opportunities to students who plan to study for a year or a semester in Korea's top university located in the heart of Seoul, the dynamic capital city of Korea.
What is unique about this program?
Yonsei University is a large private research university located in Seoul, South Korea. Founded in 1885 by Christian Missionaries, it is one of the oldest universities in South Korea, and is widely regarded as the top private school in the country. It is one of the SKY universities, a historical Korean acronym used to refer to Seoul National University, Korea University, and Yonsei University, which are the three most prestigious universities in the country. Yonsei has played a unique role among Korean universities as the gateway for foreign scholars and students interested in Korean studies, language, and culture. The student body consists of 38,725 students: 26,731 undergraduate students, 11,994 graduate students, 4,518 faculty members, 6,788 staff, and 257,931 alumni. In addition to gaining academic excellence, international students are also exposed to a beautiful and culturally rich environment. Yonsei University is particularly fortunate to be situated in a spacious, quiet, and well-wooded environment near a mountain yet right in the center of Seoul's metropolitan area.
What is unique about Seoul?
Packed with people, it’s no wonder Seoul is the capital and largest city in South Korea. A vibrant business and financial hub, Seoul also brims with culture, with more than 100 museums, numerous religious monuments, parks, markets, festivals, sports teams, and the Gyeongbok and Changdeok palaces. The mighty Han River runs through the city, and rugged mountains loom in the distance.
Things to consider before applying
- Review the information on the Education Abroad Office’s Get Started page for important considerations on academics and finances, and a guide to next steps
- Find answers on the Education Abroad FAQ and resource pages for Cornell study abroad policy, health, and safety updates
- Still have questions? Visit the Get Advice page and learn how to connect with an Education Abroad Advisors
- Want to keep up to date with Cornellians Abroad? Follow Education Abroad on social media, @cornelliansabroad, @CornellEducationAbroad
How do I apply?
As an exchange student, you must be nominated by the Office of Global Learning before you can complete the Yonsei Exchange Student application.
* Note: Students are not eligible to study abroad in their home country. If you have questions whether South Korea should count as your "home country" for the purposes of study abroad, please discuss this with your college.
- For Cornell Approval, click on the "Apply" button on this webpage. Applications are approved by the Office of Global Learning on a rolling basis until the application deadline listed on this page. This will enable the Office of Global Learning to nominate you to Yonsei. Make sure to follow their directions and deadlines.
- For Program Admission, look for a message from Yonsei with a link to the application after you have been nominated by Cornell. Make sure to follow their directions and deadlines.