Application will open on August 1st.
The Rovira i Virgili University (URV) is a young and dynamic university located in Southern Catalonia, one of the most important tourist regions in Europe. Open to the world and at the service of society, the URV maintains a close relationship with the socioeconomic fabric of its region. URV is a leading university in Catalonia and in Europe, and it is well known for the quality of its teaching, its commitment to continuous training, and the excellence of its research, development, and innovation.
The ILR-URV exchange is with the Faculty of Business and Economics. The faculty of business and economics has been training specialists since 1988 in both economics and business. At the present there are 1,524 students, nearly 200 teachers and 32 administrative and service staff. The faculty offers undergraduate, master, and doctoral degrees in areas such as Finance and Accounting, Business and Management, Economics, Entrepreneurship and Innovation, and International Markets.
What is unique about this program?
- Only open to ILR students, and only novice-level Spanish is required.
- Earn up to 15 ILR elective credits.
- Take courses in English in the Faculty of Business and Economics.
- Study Spanish or Catalan at various levels.
- Study in a beautiful and unique location not far from Barcelona.
What is unique about Tarragona?
The URV is situated in the province of Tarragona in Southern Catalonia. The URV campuses are split between the cities of Tarragona and Reus, which are only about 15 minutes apart. The Faculty of Business and Economics is located on the Bellissens Campus in Reus.
The province of Tarragona is in a privileged position on the Mediterranean coast where nature, culture, leisure and tradition combine to afford residents a high standard of quality of life.
As well as sandy beaches with crystal-clear blue waters, mountains, and areas of extraordinary natural beauty, such as the Montsant, Els Ports and Ebro Delta natural parks, this region boasts cities of extraordinary historical and cultural heritage, such as Tarragona with its Roman ruins (declared a World Heritage Site by UNESCO), the medieval towns of Montblanc and Tortosa, and the modernist city of Reus, where architect Antoni Gaudí was born and raised.
Also, thanks to its strategic position, the region possesses a dynamic and diverse economy and an important communications network (a port, an airport, freeways and high-speed trains), which have made the region one of the most important tourist destinations in Europe.
How do I apply?*
*Applications reviewed on rolling basis
1. Meet with the program advisor in ILR (Tamara Ingram, email@example.com) to discuss your plans and eligibility.
2. Complete the online application by clicking on the "Apply" button on this web page. You must log in with your NetID and password to access the application.
3. If accepted and nominated to study at URV, complete URV's application. URV will send application instructions to nominated students.