Rapidly improve your language skills while developing a solid understanding of contemporary Chinese society with CET's Intensive Language Program
What is unique about this program?
- 20 hours/week of Chinese language classes
- One-on-one sessions with an instructor
- Full-time language pledge
- Out-of-classroom assignments & learning
- After-class help from teachers & roommates
What is unique about Beijing?
Don’t miss Beijing. This city is where the action is and where networks thrive. Gaze up at a high-rise that seemed to be built overnight. See what local artists are up to at the 798 Art District. Follow a local rock band. Interview with a journalist. Stroll past one of China’s most famous universities and strike up a conversation with someone you meet at the front gate. The best part of getting to know Beijing is that unlike other Chinese cities, the Chinese and expat communities are intertwined—you’ll be practicing the language and interacting with the culture whatever you do and wherever you go.
Things to consider before applying
- Review the information on the Education Abroad Office’s Get Started page for important considerations on academics and finances, and a guide to next steps
- Find answers on the Education Abroad FAQ and resource pages for Cornell study abroad policy, health, and safety updates
- Still have questions? Visit the Get Advice page and learn how to connect with an Education Abroad Advisors
- Want to keep up to date with Cornellians Abroad? Follow Education Abroad on social media, @cornelliansabroad, @CornellEducationAbroad
How do I apply?
Applying to study abroad is a two-step process. You may complete both steps simultaneously, but the Cornell approval process must be complete before your program advisor in the Office of Global Learning can submit any approval or nomination to the program.
- For Cornell Approval, click on the "Apply" button on this webpage. Applications are approved by the Office of Global Learning on a rolling basis until the application deadline listed on this page.
- For Program Admission, complete an external application directly on the program’s webpage, using the link in the “Snapshot” section. (Note: This deadline may be in advance of the general Cornell deadline for approval. Many programs fill by rolling admission.