The Madrid Internship Program, offered fall and spring semesters, allows students to enhance their Spanish language skills while working abroad in one of Europe’s most important vibrant commercial centers. Students with sufficient language skills take three courses along with an internship, which ranges between 15 and 20 hours per week.
What is unique about this program?
All students enroll in an internship and internship course, worth four credits. Students then enroll in three additional four-credit courses from those offered through either the Madrid Spanish and European Studies Program or the Madrid University Studies Program (spring only).
Internships are guaranteed
Internships are personalized,
Internships are available in arts, business, communications, journalism, advertising, marketing, pre-law, international relations, NGOs, political science, psychology, social policy, and more.
Learn why interning abroad is such a unique opportunity and why BU is the leader in internship opportunities.
What is unique about this place?
- Quality personalized internship placements across a broad range of specializations
- Coursework at intermediate and advanced levels at the Instituto Internacional en España and the Universidad Autónoma de Madrid
- Homestays for greater linguistic and cultural immersion
- Excursions to sites such as Segovia, Seville, Córdoba and Toledo
How do I apply?
Applying to study abroad is a 2-Step process. You may complete both steps simultaneously, but Cornell Approval must be obtained before your program advisor in Global Learning can complete any approval or nomination forms for the program itself.
- For Cornell Approval, click on the "Apply" button on this webpage. Applications are approved by the Office of Global Learning on a rolling basis until the application deadline listed on this webpage.
- For Program Admission, apply directly on the program website. Most programs have rolling admissions.
On the Global Learning website you will find a list of current returned students who have agreed to share contact information, stories from students in their own words, and selections of recommended programs in these categories: Cornell Global Programs, College Administered, Global Issues, STEM-focused, and Beyond Europe.