This program has been suspended for Spring 2022
Ranked consistently within the top three universities in Australia, the University of Sydney is one of the country’s leading research-intensive universities and oldest member of the prestigious Group of Eight.
What is unique about this program?
Every year hundreds of students from around the world are welcomed to the University of Sydney through the Sydney Abroad program. Some choose USYD for their academic reputation and wide range of courses, while others wish to experience their vibrant student life. Learn more to find out why USYD is Australia’s favorite option.
- Spoilt for Choice - over 3000 units of study available across 16 Faculties
- Browse subjects and available units of study HERE!
- MATES Abroad & Social Calendar - opt-in mentor program for students to meet Australian students, ease their transition into Sydney life, foster an international culture, and share exciting adventures in Australia together
- Internship Placement - credit-bearing industry or research placement run internally by the Sydney Abroad team to facilitate best-fit matching between student and host
- Guaranteed Accommodation - modern, clean and well-equipped accommodation at Urbanest with a mixed international/domestic student population all within a 5 minute walk to campus
- Campus Culture – ranked first in the Best Student Experience in Australia boasting more than 200 student clubs and societies, 43 sports clubs, 12 cafes and 8 bars on campus, 4 live performance spaces and 2 fitness centers
What is unique about Sydney?
Apart from the sunshine, food culture and relaxed lifestyle that everybody enjoys, Sydney has been rated as one of the top student cities in the world. Australian cities have excellent job prospects and a multicultural community of students. By studying in Sydney, you have an exciting chance to enjoy creative freedom and a very high quality of life.
The Sydney campus offers welcoming social scenes, with clubs, societies, entertainment venues and sporting facilities all ready to indulge your hobbies and interests. We also offer many orientation events to help you settle in and make new friends
How can I get more information about USYD?
- Reach out to the University of Sydney's Study Abroad office at email@example.com any time for assistance with your questions or concerns
- Browse their detailed program information webpage
- Review the University's COVID-19 advice page
- Watch "This is the University of Sydney" (video)
- Connect with USYD on Facebook and Instagram
Things to Consider Before Applying
- Review the information on the Education Abroad Office’s Get Started page for important considerations on academics and finances, and a guide to next steps.
- Find answers on the Education Abroad FAQ and resource pages for Cornell study abroad policy, health, and safety updates.
- Still have questions? Visit the Get Advice page and learn how to connect with an Education Abroad Advisors.
- Want to keep up to date with Cornellians Abroad? Follow Education Abroad on social media, @cornelliansabroad, @CornellEducationAbroad
How do I apply?
Applying to study abroad is a two-step process. You may complete both steps simultaneously, but the Cornell approval process must be complete before your program advisor in the Office of Global Learning can submit any approval or nomination to the program.
- For Cornell Approval, click on the "Apply" button on this webpage. Applications are approved by the Office of Global Learning on a rolling basis until the application deadline listed on this page.
- For Program Admission, complete an external application directly on the program’s webpage, using the link in the “Snapshot” section. (Note: This deadline may be in advance of the general Cornell deadline for approval. Many programs fill by rolling admission.