Ranked consistently within the top three universities in Australia, the University of Sydney is one of the country’s leading research-intensive universities and oldest member of the prestigious Group of Eight.
What is unique about this program?
Every year hundreds of students from around the world are welcomed to the University of Sydney through our Sydney Abroad program. Some come for our academic reputation and our wide range of courses, while others wish to experience our vibrant student life bolstered by our guaranteed housing and unique Internship Program. Whatever the reason, join us and find out why we’re Australia’s favorite option.
- Spoilt for Choice - over 3000 units of study available across 16 Faculties
- Browse subjects and available units of study HERE!
- MATES Abroad & Social Calendar - opt-in mentor program for students to meet Australian students, ease their transition into Sydney life, foster an international culture, and share exciting adventures in Australia together
- Internship Placement - credit-bearing industry or research placement run internally by the Sydney Abroad team to facilitate best-fit matching between student and host
- Guaranteed Accommodation - modern, clean and well-equipped accommodation at Urbanest with a mixed international/domestic student population all within a 5 minute walk to campus
- Campus Culture – ranked first in the Best Student Experience in Australia boasting more than 200 student clubs and societies, 43 sports clubs, 12 cafes and 8 bars on campus, 4 live performance spaces and 2 fitness centers
- This is the University of Sydney (video)
University of Sydney is hosting a virtual info session for interested students on Wednesday, October 7, 2020 at 9:00 PM EDT. Please Register Here to attend!
What is unique about Sydney?
Apart from the sunshine, food culture and relaxed lifestyle that everybody enjoys, Sydney has been rated as one of the top student cities in the world. Australian cities have excellent job prospects and a multicultural community of students. By studying in Sydney, you have an exciting chance to enjoy creative freedom and a very high quality of life.
The Sydney campus offers welcoming social scenes, with clubs, societies, entertainment venues and sporting facilities all ready to indulge your hobbies and interests. We also offer many orientation events to help you settle in and make new friends
How do I choose among programs?
- See the Office of Global Learning’s “” page for information on program types and considerations
- Use the search features on the Opportunities page to filter for programs approved by your college, and by particular subject areas
- Go to the “” page for information on drop-in advising hours, scheduling an advising appointment, returned student contacts, and college advisors for study abroad
- Find out about , check out , and read from returned study abroad students
How do I apply?
Applying to study abroad is a two-step process. You may complete both steps simultaneously, but the Cornell approval process must be complete before your program advisor in the Office of Global Learning can submit any approval or nomination to the program.
- For Cornell Approval, click on the "Apply" button on this webpage. Applications are approved by the Office of Global Learning on a rolling basis until the application deadline listed on this page.
- For Program Admission, complete an external application directly on the program’s webpage, using the link in the “Snapshot” section. (Note: This deadline may be in advance of the general Cornell deadline for approval. Many programs fill by rolling admission.