Tecnológico de Monterrey (Tec de Monterrey) is one of Latin America’s largest and most prestigious universities with campuses throughout Mexico. The Mexico City campus offers a comprehensive curriculum with courses available not only in the STEM fields but also humanities, and social sciences.
What is unique about this program?
Tecnológico de Monterrey is a Cornell Global Hub partner university. Global Hubs are Cornell's collaborative centers of engagement around the world. Hubs will give students exciting opportunities for semester-long and short-term study abroad, field experience, participation in faculty-led research, curricular pathways through majors, internships, and more.
As a Tec de Monterrey International student you have the opportunity to become completely immersed in Mexican student life. Choose from a wide range of classes in English while you learn Spanish, live in student housing or with a host family or take advantage of the hundreds of different extra-curricular activities including sports teams, special interest groups and cultural activities.
What is unique about Mexico City?
Mexico City, perched at 7,350 feet, is the home of the Surrealist, Modern painter Frida Kahlo, ancient Aztec ruins and a rich culinary culture, from tacos to internationally renowned restaurants. Explore all Mexico City has to offer!
How do I lean more about ITSEM?
- Peruse the ITESM Study Abroad e-brochure
- Browse the ITESM course catalog
- View ITESM's YouTube page for student stories and more
- Meet the faculty and learn about their research
Things to Consider Before Applying
- Review the information on the Education Abroad Office’s Get Started page for important considerations on academics and finances, and a guide to next steps
- Find answers on the Education Abroad FAQ and resource pages for Cornell study abroad policy, health, and safety updates
- Still have questions? Visit the Get Advice page and learn how to connect with an Education Abroad Advisors
- Want to keep up to date with Cornellians Abroad? Follow Education Abroad on social media, @cornelliansabroad, @CornellEducationAbroad
How do I apply?
Applying to study abroad is a two-step process. You may complete both steps simultaneously, but the Cornell approval process must be complete before your program advisor in the Office of Global Learning can submit any approval or nomination to the program.
- For Cornell Approval, click on the "Apply" button on this webpage. Applications are approved by the Office of Global Learning on a rolling basis until the application deadline listed on this page.
- For Program Admission, complete an external application directly on the program’s webpage, using the link in the “Snapshot” section. (Note: This deadline may be in advance of the general Cornell deadline for approval. Many programs fill by rolling admission.