Find Your Place in Florence
What's Unique about this Opportunity?
At Syracuse Florence, students enroll in one of the following curricular options depending on academic focus and level of Italian language.
- Florence Center
- Florence Center & Intensive Language Program at the University of Florence
- Florence Center: Studio Arts
- Florence Center: Engineering
- Florence Center: Design
- Florence Center & University of Florence (courses in English)
What is Unique about studying in Florence?
While you're studying in Florence, you'll live with Italian hosts. Time and again, Syracuse Abroad alumni say this is one of their fondest memories. Living with Florentines allows you to practice Italian learned in class and to gain insight into Italian culture and lifestyles. Your hosts represent all walks of life and professions: large families, retired couples, divorced or single parents, and young couple.
How do I apply?
Applying to study abroad is a 2-Step process. You may complete both steps simultaneously, but Cornell Approval must be obtained before your program advisor in Global Learning can complete any approval or nomination forms for the program itself.
- For Cornell Approval, click on the "Apply" button on this webpage. Applications are approved by the Office of Global Learning on a rolling basis until the application deadline listed on this webpage.
- For Program Admission, apply directly on the program website. Most programs have rolling admissions.
On the Global Learning website you will find a list of current returned students who have agreed to share contact information, stories from students in their own words, and selections of recommended programs in these categories: Cornell Global Programs, College Administered, Global Issues, STEM-focused, and Beyond Europe.