Study three-quarters of the world in just one semester… the oceans cover more than 70% of our planet, yet we know more about outer space than we do about our own waters. Spend one semester exploring the global ocean through multiple lenses with students from a variety of academic backgrounds. Challenge yourself to step outside of your comfort zone and take your learning out of the classroom and into the field. You’ll never look at the world in the same way again.
What is Unique about this Opportunity?
This interdisciplinary study abroad program combines insights from the natural and social sciences in order to deepen students’ awareness of and appreciation for the ocean.
Gain a comprehensive understanding of the world’s oceans
- Make a long, blue-water sailing passage on a sustainably powered research vessel
- Take your learning out of the classroom and into the field
- Develop new skills in leadership, teamwork, and research
How do I apply?
Applying to study abroad is a 2-Step process. You may complete both steps simultaneously, but Cornell Approval must be obtained before your program advisor in Global Learning can complete any approval or nomination forms for the program itself.
- For Cornell Approval, click on the "Apply" button on this webpage. Applications are approved by the Office of Global Learning on a rolling basis until the application deadline listed on this webpage.
- For Program Admission, complete an external application directly on the program’s webpage, using the link in the “Snapshot” section. Note that this deadline may be in advance of the general Cornell deadline for approval. Many programs fill by rolling admission.
Only 1st and 2nd choice programs will be considered for Cornell approval. Cornell Approval is required for credit from Cornell.