What is unique about this program?
NTU is the most prestigious comprehensive university in Taiwan and one of the top ranked universities in the world. Dedicated to excellence and leadership since 1928, NTU has contributed significantly to Taiwan's rapid development into one of the world's most competitive economies and democratic societies. Over the years, the university has acquired a reputation for academic excellence and cutting-edge research right in the heart of Asia. The University benefits from Taiwan's rich Chinese heritage and strategic regional position, offering initiatives and solutions that bridge East and West.
NTU is home to a lively community of more than 30,000 students (17,000 undergraduate and 15,000 graduate) developing their talents across 11 colleges, 54 departments and 66 research centers.
What is unique about Taipei City?
NTU's main campus is located in the Da'an District in Taipei City. The main campus is home to most college department buildings and administrative buildings. The University governs farms, forests, and hospitals for education and research purposes.
Taipei is the national capital of Taiwan. it is home to an estimated population of 2,7 Million. The name "Taipei" can refer either to the whole metropolitan area or the city proper. As Taiwan's business, financial, and technology hub, Taipei has been at the center of rapid economic development in the country and has now become one of the global cities in technology and electronics. Taipei is also known for its lively street-food scene and many night markets.
Things to consider before applying
- Review the information on the Education Abroad Office’s Get Started page for important considerations on academics and finances, and a guide to next steps
- Find answers on the Education Abroad FAQ and resource pages for Cornell study abroad policy, health, and safety updates
- Still have questions? Visit the Get Advice page and learn how to connect with an Education Abroad Advisors
- Want to keep up to date with Cornellians Abroad? Follow Education Abroad on social media, @cornelliansabroad, @CornellEducationAbroad
How do I apply?
Applying to study on an exchange program is a two-step process. The Cornell approval process must be complete before your program advisor in the Office of Global Learning can submit your nomination to the exchange partner. Exchanges may have limited spaces, so early applications are encouraged.
- For Cornell approval and nomination, click on the "Apply" button on this webpage. Applications are approved by your college and the Office of Global Learning on a rolling basis until the application deadline listed on this page, or earlier, if filled.
- Once nominated by Cornell, complete an external application specifically for exchange students. Schools typically admit the students nominated by exchange partners, but you must complete this process for them to review your application and offer you a place.