The Marshall Scholarship funds one or two years of graduate study at nearly a wide range of institutions in the United Kingdom. Most fields of study are supported. Professional degrees, such as those in law, business, and medicine are excluded, as are second baccalaureate degrees.
Objectives of the Program:
- To enable intellectually distinguished young Americans, their country's future leaders, to study in the UK.
- To help Scholars gain an understanding and appreciation of contemporary Britain.
- To contribute to the advancement of knowledge in science, technology, the humanities and social sciences and the creative arts at Britain's centers of academic excellence.
- To motivate Scholars to act as ambassadors from the USA to the UK and vice versa throughout their lives thus strengthening British American understanding.
- To promote the personal and academic fulfillment of each Scholar.