DIS has rolling admissions and popular courses can fill early.
What is unique about this program?
Do you wish to work in the medical field one day and want insight into what career opportunities await you, alongside intercultural knowledge of different practices and policies? Engage in a pre-medical experience by learning about the shift occurring in medical practice towards precision medicine, where the individual patient’s unique characteristics come into play. This program could be a good fit for you if you study:
- Pre-Medicine/Health Science
What is unique about Stockholm?
Stockholm is effortless to explore. Comprised of fourteen islands, with a public transit system that travels across waterways, the city is well connected. While some corners of Stockholm are characteristically urban, others are natural landscapes – making your next cross-country ski adventure or kayaking afternoon all within easy reach.
While rich in history and culture, Sweden prides itself on progressive thinking, openness, diversity, and equality. As home to the Nobel Prize and a list of prestigious universities, institutions, and leading innovators, Stockholm offers the context of a capital led by forward-looking decision makers and scholars.
Learn more about the city on the DIS Stockholm YouTube page.
How do I choose among programs?
- See the Office of Global Learning’s “Selecting a Program” page for information on program types and considerations
- Use the search features on the Experience Cornell Opportunities page to filter for programs approved by your college, and by particular subject areas
- Go to the “Get Advice” page for information on drop-in advising hours, scheduling an advising appointment, returned student contacts, and college advisors for study abroad
- Find out about upcoming events, check out FAQs, and read stories from returned study abroad students
How do I apply?
Applying to study abroad is a two-step process. You may complete both steps simultaneously, but the Cornell approval process must be complete before your program advisor in the Office of Global Learning can submit any approval or nomination to the program.
- For Cornell Approval, click on the "Apply" button on this webpage. Applications are approved by the Office of Global Learning on a rolling basis until the application deadline listed on this page.
- For Program Admission, complete an external application directly on the program’s webpage, using the link in the “Snapshot” section. (Note: This deadline may be in advance of the general Cornell deadline for approval. Many programs fill by rolling admission.)