The University of New South Wales Sydney (UNSW) is a leading research and teaching university. It is the highest-ranked university in Sydney and New South Wales, and it ranks 3rd overall in Australia and 45th in the world (QS World University Rankings 2017-18). UNSW has a proud tradition of sustained innovation, focusing on areas critical to our future – from climate change and renewable energies to lifesaving medical treatments and breakthrough technologies. In the social sciences, UNSW research informs policy and expert commentary in key issues facing society ranging from human rights and constitutional recognition of Indigenous Australians to public health and population ageing.
UNSW offers an extensive range of undergraduate, postgraduate and research programs. UNSW attracts talented students from across Australia and around the world. 50,000-plus students come from 128 countries, making UNSW one of Australia’s most cosmopolitan universities.
What is unique about this program?
- Only open to ILR students.
- Earn up to 15 ILR elective credits.
- Select from a wide variety of course offerings in many disciplines.
- Enjoy unique course offerings in the School of Management, UNSW Business School, which specializes in teaching and research in organizations and management studies including: Human resource management, Industrial relations, International business, Management, Organizational behavior, Organizational theory, Sociology, and Strategy & Entrepreneurship.
What is unique about Sydney?
Well located within one of the top global cities, UNSW Sydney offers students the best of both worlds — world-class beaches and stunning parklands within a vibrant, cosmopolitan harbour-side city. Ideally positioned as the gateway to the Asia Pacific, Sydney is home to more global firms than any other Australian city, fostering an energetic business community and numerous opportunities for students’ academic and professional development.
*ILR students going to UNSW must take 4 courses and study during one of the tailored terms (Tailored Term 1: January to May/Tailored Term 3: August to December).
How do I apply?*
1. Meet with the program advisor in ILR (Tamara Ingram, email@example.com) to discuss your plans and eligibility.
2. Complete the online application by clicking on the "Apply" button on this web page. You must log in with your NetID and password to access the application.
3. If accepted and nominated to study at UNSW, complete UNSW's application. UNSW will contact nominated ILR exchange students with the application instructions.
*Applications reviewed on rolling basis according to the following timeline:
Fall Exchange Study
January 1st: Application opens; March 1st: Application deadline
Spring Exchange Study
June 1st: Application opens; September 15th: Application deadline