Queen Mary University of London (QMUL) is one of the UK's leading research-focused higher education institutions. With 25,332 students, 4,000 staff and an annual turnover of £400m, QMUL is one of the biggest University of London colleges. QMUL has an international reputation for academic excellence: it is a member of the Russell Group, which represents 24 leading UK universities.
The ILR-QMUL exchange is with the School of Business and Management. The study of Business and Management at Queen Mary draws on, and intersects with, a huge range of disciplines, from Economics, Philosophy and Psychology to social Geography, Politics and History. These feed into a deeper understanding of business and management practices and how they shape society as whole.
What is unique about this program?
- Only open to ILR students.
- Earn up to 15 ILR elective credits.
- Select from a wide variety of courses offered by the School of Business and Management.
- Live and study on the Mile End Campus in London's East End, only a 15-minute underground ride to central London.
- Reside in student accommodation on QMUL's Mile End Campus, the only University of London member to have a large, self-contained residential campus in London.
What is unique about London?
London is a magnet for people across the world: it was voted the most popular city in the world* and it is easy to see why. London is not just a historic capital city, the ancient centre of British politics and government – it is an international meeting point for business, culture and the arts that welcomes talent from around the world. *TripAdvisor’s 2016 Travellers’ Choice Award
QMUL's main campus (one of the largest in London) is at Mile End, next to the beautiful Regent’s Canal and Mile End Park. It is a friendly, active community that has welcomed students from around the world for over 30 years. There’s plenty of green outdoor space where students can relax when they aren’t studying or exploring all that London and the East End has to offer.
The East End of London is one of the most exciting areas of London, an inspiring place to live and work. Historically one of the most diverse areas of London, east London’s location as a trade centre meant more than just goods came ashore here: the docks brought people from all over the world, with their own cultures and experiences.
How do I apply?*
*Applications reviewed on rolling basis
1. Meet with the program advisor in ILR (Tamara Ingram, firstname.lastname@example.org) to discuss your plans and eligibility.
2. Complete the online application by clicking on the "Apply" button on this web page. You must log in with your NetID and password to access the application.
3. If accepted and nominated to study at QMUL, complete QMUL's application. Application instructions will be sent to nominated students.