Università Bocconi, founded in 1902, was the first Italian university to grant a degree in economics. Bocconi's economics, management and finance programs are among the best in the world. The QS World University Rankings listed Bocconi among the ten best institutions in Europe in these fields, while the Financial Times ranks Bocconi's Master degrees in Finance and Management among the top ten worldwide.
What is unique about this program?
- Only open to ILR students, and the ILR exchange is the only direct way for ILR students to study at Bocconi University.
- Earn up to 15 ILR elective credits.
- Study in the heart of Milan in one of Italy's/Europe's top institutions.
- Courses are offered in English and Italian.
- Choose from courses in Accounting, Decision Sciences, Economics, Finance, Law, Marketing, Management, or Social and Political Sciences.
What is unique about Milan?
Milan is known as the economic and production capital of Italy and the leading Italian hub for services, finance and industry. Milan is the engine of the country's economy and home of the Italian stock exchange. This cosmopolitan, modern and forward-looking city is world-renowned as a European capital of fashion, design, architecture, finance, publishing, modern art, and music. It is deeply rooted in a flourishing past and hosts authentic treasures which have survived damage during WWII, including its elaborate cathedral, Leonardo da Vinci's The Last Supper, the La Scala opera house, and Castello Sforzesco.
Milan has a young and vibrant soul, and each year, several festivals, concerts and sporting events take place in the city.
How do I apply?*
*Applications reviewed on a rolling basis
1. Meet with the program advisor in ILR (Tamara Ingram, firstname.lastname@example.org) to discuss your plans and eligibility.
2. Complete the online application by clicking on the "Apply" button on this web page. You must log in with your NetID and password to access the application.
3. If accepted and nominated to study at Bocconi, complete Bocconi's application. Bocconi will contact nominated ILR exchange students with the application instructions.