Students with exceptional Spanish language skills (C1 or above) have the opportunity to directly enroll in a special semester program of study at the University of Granada’s Faculty of Translation and Interpretation, commonly referred to as “Traductores.” Traductores offers the largest array of linguistic offerings of any university in Spain and is renowned for its rigor in preparing students to translate and interpret at a professional level. Serious students of language will have an opportunity to immerse themselves in specialized courses that will significantly improve their language communication skills and give them a competitive advantage for career positions that require highly-honed second language proficiency.
- Late August to late January
- Late January to early July
How do I choose among programs?
- See the Office of Global Learning’s “” page for information on program types and considerations
- Use the search features on the Opportunities page to filter for programs approved by your college, and by particular subject areas
- Go to the “” page for information on drop-in advising hours, scheduling an advising appointment, returned student contacts, and college advisors for study abroad
- Find out about , check out , and read from returned study abroad students
How do I apply?
Applying to study abroad is a two-step process. You may complete both steps simultaneously, but the Cornell approval process must be complete before your program advisor in the Office of Global Learning can submit any approval or nomination to the program.
- For Cornell Approval, click on the "Apply" button on this webpage. Applications are approved by the Office of Global Learning on a rolling basis until the application deadline listed on this page.
- For Program Admission, complete an external application directly on the program’s webpage, using the link in the “Snapshot” section. (Note: This deadline may be in advance of the general Cornell deadline for approval. Many programs fill by rolling admission.)