Cornell's program in Berlin now serves all students with four semesters of German - take classes in almost any discipline
Become fully immersed in Germany’s culturally rich capital city while participating in a rigorous academic program
What is unique about Cornell’s program in Berlin?
- Experience the spring semester, or better yet, the academic year studying at Berlin's top university in the EU’s economic and political powerhouse.
- Prepare for interdisciplinary study in the German university system through intensive language training.
- Explore contemporary German life and culture in a dynamic, multicultural city with a vibrant arts scene.
- Learn from Berlin's advanced knowledge of environmentalism and new technologies.
- Immerse yourself daily in the city’s remarkable culture and history!
What is unique about Berlin?
Berlin, Germany’s capital and largest city, has become known for its art scene and entrepreneurial environment. Berlin is home to world renowned Universities, museums, orchestras, and entertainment venues. This city, rich in history and historical monuments, will provide endless cultural outlets for city dwellers and visitors alike.
Since the city's reunification in 1990, Berlin has been characterized by change and invention. The dichotomy between old and new provides a constant reminder of Berlin's complex history. After the fall of the Berlin wall, Berlin emerged as the cultural and economic capital city of Germany, alive with a sense of transformation and progress. A vibrant nightlife, exciting art scene, and myriad cultural venues contribute to Berlin's status as one of Europe's most cosmopolitan and sophisticated urban centers.
- Go to the “Get Advice” page for Global Learning-Education Abroad to find information on drop-in advising hours, scheduling an advising appointment, returned student contacts, and college advisors for study abroad
- Find out about upcoming events, check out FAQs, and read stories from returned study abroad students
How do I apply?
- Apply for Cornell approval using the green "Apply" button below
- Apply for admission via the BCGS program page, using link in "Snapshot" section
- Admission decisions follow the application deadline