Arts and Sciences African Experience Travel Award provides up to $2,500 toward travel expenses for Cornell-run programs in Africa during the summer and winter sessions, as well as the academic year.
To help promote student participation in many of the international educational experiences provided by Cornell, and increase accessibility to programs not currently covered by Cornell financial aid, the College of Arts and Sciences has established the African Experience Travel Award. Undergraduate students in the College of Arts & Sciences may apply for up to $2,500 to cover travel expenses for Cornell-sponsored programs in Africa that offer either academic credit or a structured internship experience. Eligible programs include, but are not limited to:
- Office of Global Learning semester-long programs in Africa
- Cornell Continuing Education and Summer session courses taught in Africa
- Internationalizing the Cornell Curriculum (ICC) courses with an African travel component
- Cornell Global Health Field Experience opportunities in Africa (Tanzania, Zambia, Weill-Bugando)
- Institute for African Development Summer Internships
The College of Arts and Sciences supports student learning and engagement opportunities that provide a greater understanding of the world's peoples, cultures, economies and environments, and prepares graduates to work across borders to tackle the complex challenges of international citizenship in the 21st century.