CET Florence is for academically-minded students who want it all from their time abroad.
You'll take Italian language and electives in a wide variety of fields. Check something off for your major or try something new that could only be studied in Italy!
What is unique about this opportunity?
Rigorous academic program that invites you to engage inside the classroom and beyond
Electives in: business, economics, history, film, history of art, international relations, Italian studies, political science, psychology, sociology, studio art
Authentic downtown apartments; no two apartments the same
Group travel to Rome and Tivoli
No language prerequisite--open to beginner through high-intermediate Italian language levels
What is unique about Florence?
There’s so much to see and do in Florence, from climbing the Duomo to chatting with locals over a cappuccino. Get to know this beautiful city from the inside.
How do I learn about CET?
- Browse their Student Voices page to learn more about CET from first-hand experiences
- Check out CET's Diversity and Inclusion page to learn more about resources by program and D&E scholarships
- Review their COVID Playbook to learn how CET is re-imagining study abroad in a post-COVID world
Things to Consider Before Applying
- Review the information on the Education Abroad Office’s Get Started page for important considerations on academics and finances, and a guide to next steps
- Find answers on the Education Abroad FAQ and resource pages for Cornell study abroad policy, health, and safety updates
- Still have questions? Visit the Get Advice page and learn how to connect with an Education Abroad Advisors
- Want to keep up to date with Cornellians Abroad? Follow Education Abroad on social media, @cornelliansabroad, @CornellEducationAbroad
How do I apply?
Applying to study abroad is a two-step process. You may complete both steps simultaneously, but the Cornell approval process must be complete before your program advisor in the Office of Global Learning can submit any approval or nomination to the program.
- For Cornell Approval, click on the "Apply" button on this webpage. Applications are approved by the Office of Global Learning on a rolling basis until the application deadline listed on this page.
- For Program Admission, complete an external application directly on the program’s webpage, using the link in the “Snapshot” section. (Note: This deadline may be in advance of the general Cornell deadline for approval. Many programs fill by rolling admission.