What is unique about this program?
Central Saint Martins' alumni include artists and designers who have challenged and shaped the world around us.
CSM offers both an Integrated Study Abroad program, where you will study alongside Central Saint Martins degree students and follow one of their academic tracks (portfolio review may be required to determine an applicant's academic level), as well as the Semester Study Abroad program, which is a 14-week semester program specifically for fashion and graphic design students in the fall or spring.
Students who choose the integrated program must choose one of CSM's undergraduate programs as their "home" subject area for the duration of the semester. All courses will be taken within that subject area. During the spring semester, students will be enrolled in two teaching terms at CSM (terms 2 + 3) and it is required that you remain enrolled in both terms to receive full credit from Cornell. If you wish to attend the integrated program in the fall, you must enroll in one of CSM's pre-term Optional Modules in early-September as a supplement to your regular Term 1 studies in order to meet the full-time credit requirement for Cornell.
What is unique about London?
London is an extraordinary city, full of art and culture, whilst also being one of the most cosmopolitan cities in the world. The underground system means that it is easy to get around and see what the city has to offer, and all of our college buildings are in walking distance of cultural institutions – from Tate Britain and the British Museum to the intimate studios of emerging international artists.
How do I learn more about CSM?
- Browse through course options and information
- Book a virtual appointment with the CSM study abroad office to discuss your questions in person
- Key program dates
- Learn more about Student Life at CSM
- Email CSM's study abroad office any time with your questions about the program (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Academic year: mid-September - late-June
- Fall semester: mid-September - early December
- Spring semester: early February - late-June
For specific dates, refer to the Central Saint Martins Academic Calendar
Things to Consider Before Applying
- Review the information on the Education Abroad Office’s Get Started page for important considerations on academics and finances, and a guide to next steps.
- Still have questions? Visit the Get Advice page and learn how to connect with an Education Abroad Advisors.
- Want to keep up to date with Cornellians Abroad? Follow Education Abroad on social media, @cornelliansabroad
How do I apply?
Applying to study abroad is a two-step process. You may complete both steps simultaneously, but the Cornell approval process must be complete before your program advisor in the Office of Global Learning can submit any approval or nomination to the program.
- For Cornell Approval, click on the "Apply" button on this webpage. Applications are approved by the Office of Global Learning on a rolling basis until the application deadline listed on this page.
- For Program Admission, complete an external application directly on the program’s webpage, using the link in the “Snapshot” section. (Note: This deadline may be in advance of the general Cornell deadline for approval. Many programs fill by rolling admission.)