The Sydney Internship Program combines coursework at the Boston University (BU) Sydney Center with professional work experience. After completing the program's six-week core study phase, students spend the final eight weeks in internships with organizations in the greater Sydney area, working full time, four days per week, while also taking one elective course.
What is unique about this program?
- Quality, personalized internship placements across a broad range of specializations
- Special Hospitality Administration curriculum available
- Student housing in fully furnished, centrally located apartments
- Sydney is an exciting, cosmopolitan, landmark city of Australia
- Standard American-length semester features academic courses taught by Australian professors on a BU campus
How do I get more information about the BU Sydney Internship Program?
- BU's study abroad advising team can be contacted any time, and they are happy to answer your questions
- Read through FAQ's for more information about BU's study abroad program
- Additional information for accepted students can be found here.
- Fall semester: mid-August - early December
- Spring semester: mid-January - early May
For specific dates, refer to the the program page
Things to Consider Before Applying
- Browse through course options and information
- Review the information on the Education Abroad Office’s Get Started page for important considerations on academics and finances, and a guide to next steps.
- Still have questions? Visit the Get Advice page and learn how to connect with an Education Abroad Advisors.
- Want to keep up to date with Cornellians Abroad? Follow Education Abroad on social media, @cornelliansabroad
How do I apply?
Applying to study abroad is a two-step process. You may complete both steps simultaneously, but the Cornell approval process must be complete before your program advisor in the Office of Global Learning can submit any approval or nomination to the program.
- For Cornell Approval, click on the "Apply" button on this webpage. Applications are approved by the Office of Global Learning on a rolling basis until the application deadline listed on this page.
- For Program Admission, complete an external application directly on the program’s webpage, using the link in the “Snapshot” section. (Note: This deadline may be in advance of the general Cornell deadline for approval. Many programs fill by rolling admission.