Specialized study abroad program for computer science and software engineering majors
What is unique about this program?
Tailored to the needs of North American computer science and software engineering undergraduates in their sophomore through senior years, AIT offers semester-long programs to bridge the gap between the world of academia and business. Classes are taught in English by eminent Hungarian professors, most of whom have had teaching experience in North American universities. Teachers closely monitor each individual student's progress. Considerable time is devoted to problem solving and encouraging student creativity. Emphasis is on depth of understanding rather than on the quantity of material. The academic program is based on a philosophy of small and intimate classes, close collaboration of students and faculty, and hands-on work through group projects.
How do I learn about AIT?
- Browse AIT's "Student Testimonials" page to learn more about AIT from first-hand experiences
- Explore AIT's YouTube page
- Review their COVID Handbook for important health and safety considerations
Things to Consider Before Applying
- Review the information on the Education Abroad Office’s Get Started page for important considerations on academics and finances, and a guide to next steps
- Find answers on the Education Abroad FAQ and resource pages for Cornell study abroad policy, health, and safety updates
- Still have questions? Visit the Get Advice page and learn how to connect with an Education Abroad Advisors
- Want to keep up to date with Cornellians Abroad? Follow Education Abroad on social media, @cornelliansabroad, @CornellEducationAbroad
How do I apply?
Applying to study abroad is a two-step process. You may complete both steps simultaneously, but the Cornell approval process must be complete before your program advisor in the Office of Global Learning can submit any approval or nomination to the program.
- For Cornell Approval, click on the "Apply" button on this webpage. Applications are approved by the Office of Global Learning on a rolling basis until the application deadline listed on this page.
- For Program Admission, complete an external application directly on the program’s webpage, using the link in the “Snapshot” section. (Note: This deadline may be in advance of the general Cornell deadline for approval. Many programs fill by rolling admission.