Zhejiang University is making the following nine courses available to study away students.
1. 哲学导论，Introduction to Philosophy, 3 cr
2. 中国近现代史，Premodern Chinese History, 3 cr
3. 伦理学导论，Introduction to Ethics, 3 cr
4. 意大利中世纪和文艺复兴，Italy Middle Ages and Renaissance, 3 cr
5. 微观经济学导论，Introduction to Microeconomic Principles, 3 cr
6. 发展中国家的比较政治学，Comparative Politics in Developing Nations, 3 cr
7. 心理学导论，Introduction to Psychology, 3 cr
8. 传播、技术和社会，Communication, Technology and Society, 3 cr
9. 跨文化交流，Intercultural Communication，3 cr
Registration and Course Enrollment
Students participating in a Study Away opportunity will focus primarily on their Cornell online courses and must enroll in a minimum of 12 Cornell credits. Students will be required to enroll in at least one additional course from the local program or university. The availability of local coursework varies by location.
- Register normally for 12 or more credits of Cornell University courses.*
- Register for at least one course after being admitted as a study away/exchange student; this course may be for any credit value. If allowed by the study away partner, you may take more than one course.
- Obtain approval from your college for the course taken through the study away partner/university** (note: study away students will not be required to take a language course)
*All students should plan to participate in Cornell pre-enrollment as usual. Students will receive further instructions regarding course enrollment from the host/partner institution.
**Students must have host-enrolled courses approved by their college or school toward their Cornell degree. In most cases, this will be elective credit, but in some cases could be approved to fulfill distribution, major, minor or concentration credit, however this is subject to college/school policy and is not guaranteed. More information on how and when to obtain approval will be communicated by your college or school upon approval to participate.
Grades & Credits
- Study Away partner courses will count towards your total # of credits for the semester. Follow the limits set by your college for the maximum number of credits.
- Your specific study away courses will not be visible in Student Center; you will just see a "placeholder course" for your study away institution. The number of credits associated with the placeholder course is pre-set by the college and will not necessarily reflect the number of credits you will earn.
- Students will receive credit for host coursework where the equivalent of a letter grade of "C" or above is received.
- Your Cornell GPA will reflect Cornell courses only.
- Study Away courses and grades will appear on your official Cornell transcript.
- Study Away courses and grades will not be visible in Student Center even after they have been processed by your college.
- You can order an official e-transcript via Student Center after your college has processed your study away courses and credit.
At the end of the program, follow your study away host institutions instructions to request an academic transcript, and have the transcript sent to:
Office of Global Learning, attn: Education Abroad
B50 Caldwell Hall
Ithaca, NY 14850
Official e-transcripts may also be sent directly from the host institution via a secure means to email@example.com.