EDF envisions a world in which people from all backgrounds and experiences feel connected to the environmental challenges we face and are engaged in creating durable, equitable solutions. EDF’s U.S. Clean Air team is dedicated to achieving that vision in our work, helping achieve clean air for all.
Tasks will include but are not limited to:
- Perform research, policy analysis, and preparation of briefing papers and other relevant materials to support EDF’s defense and advancement of the nation’s clean air laws;
- Prepare public communications documents, including fact sheets, blogs, and outreach materials for decision-makers and the public;
- Research regulatory issues, monitor congressional and other hearings;
- Partnering with EDF staff, participate and contribute to conversations with state officials and key stakeholders and partners about climate policies, including by providing relevant technical information and other data that inform our strategies to advance carbon limits;
- Work with EDF staff and outside stakeholders to develop broad-based coalition support for states working to adopt carbon limits, especially among diverse communities that are not often engaged in clean air regulatory processes or discussions on carbon policy design;
- Prepare presentations, graphics, and databases/spreadsheets;
- Coordinate with media, field, and online staff on material preparation as necessary;
- Attend weekly meetings with a broad group of staff working on political issues, where discussions focus on defeating anti-environmental legislation, working across the environmental community to garner support for new clean air initiatives, and engaging key demographics that range from members of Congress to grassroot supporters.