Studying at the University of Melbourne provides students with a rich academic and social experience on a wonderful campus in the midst of a city with a great lifestyle.
What is unique about this program?
Explore new areas of learning, such as Australian-based subjects, disciplines unavailable in your own home institution, or simply an elective that you have always wanted to study! All subjects are detailed in the University Handbook including subject codes, subject description, relevant semester, prerequisites (if any) and assessment requirements. You can also extend your major discipline and add significantly to your knowledge with new perspectives.
The Melbourne Welcome program is a popular three day social program for incoming Study Abroad and Exchange (SAEX) students. The program introduces you to Melbourne's sights, sounds, history, entertainment and Australian culture with current University of Melbourne students as your guides.
What is unique about Melbourne?
Melbourne, the capital of the state of Victoria, is Australia's second-largest city. It is vibrant, culturally diverse and characterized by its friendly people and atmosphere.
The University of Melbourne is five minutes from the center of Melbourne, a leafy campus with cafés, shops and spectacular architecture. With great public transportation, you'll feel right at home anywhere in the city.
How do I choose among programs?
- See the Office of Global Learning’s “” page for information on program types and considerations
- Use the search features on the Opportunities page to filter for programs approved by your college, and by particular subject areas
- Go to the “” page for information on drop-in advising hours, scheduling an advising appointment, returned student contacts, and college advisors for study abroad
- Find out about , check out , and read from returned study abroad students
How do I apply?
Applying to study abroad is a two-step process. You may complete both steps simultaneously, but the Cornell approval process must be complete before your program advisor in the Office of Global Learning can submit any approval or nomination to the program.
- For Cornell Approval, click on the "Apply" button on this webpage. Applications are approved by the Office of Global Learning on a rolling basis until the application deadline listed on this page.
- For Program Admission, complete an external application directly on the program’s webpage, using the link in the “Snapshot” section. (Note: This deadline may be in advance of the general Cornell deadline for approval. Many programs fill by rolling admission.