Special Fall 20 opportunity for Cornell students who are citizens and residents of Ghana
Open to undergraduate and professional students only
As you study away from Ithaca this fall, you can still participate in a residential community with other Cornellians. Come to the University of Ghana in Legon and enjoy living in a vibrant academic community and town. CIEE, a nonprofit organization dedicated to international educational exchange, is arranging housing at the University Guest Center on the Legon campus, and special orientation and activities throughout the semester for Cornell students. Students will have one course together (to be determined) that will supplement your individual online Cornell University courses.
- Keep on track at Cornell with 12-15 credits online, offered asynchronously
- Take one course with other Cornell students
- Live in the University Guest Center, in air-conditioned rooms with enhanced wifi
- Enjoy access to University of Ghana facilities, libraries, and activities
- Have dedicated staff arranging special opportunities for Cornell students
Housing and Meals
Being part of a living and learning environment is a core, and therefore required, aspect of all study away options.
The University Guest House, originally designed for visiting faculty, has flats with double rooms, en suite bathrooms, and a kitchenette.
Meals are not included, but are available at a restaurant attached to the guest house. The University is also close to the popular Night Market and Banking Center.
Health and Safety
CIEE’s approach to emergency management parallels a Risk Management model of identifying risks, accessing vulnerabilities, promulgating mitigation strategies/prioritizing risk reduction strategies based upon the mitigations, as well as continuously monitoring local and regional conditions to provide guidance for all participants through the duration of their stay. The CIEE Alerts webpage communicates important health and safety updates,
- Use the "Apply" button below to complete Cornell application by July 10, 11:59pm, EDT - late submissions cannot be considered
- Once selected,*
- commit to the study away program by communicated deadline - students who fail to commit by the deadline will have their applications withdrawn
- Register with Study Away partner**
*Education Abroad advisors will select applications based on eligibility and availability and will inform students that they are selected July 13-17.
**The link to the partner application will be given to students upon acceptance by Cornell. Students must follow the study away program's process and timeline to apply for housing and course registration.
- Cornell advisor for study away application process: Each "Study Away" opportunity has a dedicated advisor in the Education Abroad team of the Office of Global Learning. The advisor for this program is listed in the side panel.
- Cornell school/college contacts: Each school and college at Cornell supports international students participating in the Fall "Cornell Study Away" option, and you will have online access to all student services as a registered Cornell student.
While we cannot bring "The Hill" to you, you can share your Cornell spirit with peers as you live and study together.