Study at Singapore Management University, one of the youngest universities to have both the EQUIS and AACSB accreditations
What is unique about this program?
- Enroll in specially designed region-focused undergraduate courses and receive an Asian Studies Certificate at the conclusion of the program
- Courses in accounting, finance, business, and management ranked among the top universities worldwide.
- Courses available in Asian studies, communications and social sciences
- Explore your potential for a business career in Asia with inside knowledge and experience
- SMU’s seminar-style approach keeps classes small, stimulating, interactive and encourages critical thinking.
- Learn and live vibrant, diverse, English-speaking Asian city
Not many places in the world can boast the sheer amount of diversity found in such a relatively tiny piece of land. With soaring skyscrapers forming an impressive skyline and small traditional lanes to explore by foot, the city is a perfect mix of traditional and modern. As one of the busiest ports in the world, the city serves as a crossroads for Asian and world travel.
"One thing I really love about Singapore is that while it might be is smaller in size, it doesn't feel small. Its diverse neighborhoods, tropical weather, friendly people, and delicious food always kept me busy exploring. Singapore Management University’s campus is really interesting because all the buildings are connected underground, it felt like there was a hidden second campus beneath the streets with bookstores, restaurants and study areas. During my first visit I was getting on the metro station near the university, and was a bit turned around. I was quickly offered help by students hanging out in the underground concourses. It made me realize how accessible and instantly comfortable you could feel in this city." Shannon Diegel, TEAN Program Manager
How do I choose among programs?
- See the Office of Global Learning’s “Selecting a Program” page for information on program types and considerations
- Use the search features on the Experience Cornell Opportunities page to filter for programs approved by your college, and by particular subject areas
- Go to the “Get Advice” page for information on drop-in advising hours, scheduling an advising appointment, returned student contacts, and college advisors for study abroad
- Find out about upcoming events, check out FAQs, and read stories from returned study abroad students
How do I apply?
Applying to study abroad is a two-step process. You may complete both steps simultaneously, but the Cornell approval process must be complete before your program advisor in the Office of Global Learning can submit any approval or nomination to the program.
- For Cornell Approval, click on the "Apply" button on this webpage. Applications are approved by the Office of Global Learning on a rolling basis until the application deadline listed on this page.
- For Program Admission, complete an external application directly on the program’s webpage, using the link in the “Snapshot” section. (Note: This deadline may be in advance of the general Cornell deadline for approval. Many programs fill by rolling admission.)