The International College of Management, Sydney (ICMS) is a leading business school focused in the areas of Event Management, Hospitality Management, International Tourism, Sport Management, Retail Marketing & Property Management.
What is unique about this program?
- Strong focus on combining practical work with a strong theoretical foundation.
- ICMS is housed in a heritage listed building over 100 years old, overlooking Sydney’s famous Manly Beach, and only a 15 minute fast-ferry ride to the city.
- Situated on 20 hectares of parkland, students can live on campus in a safe environment with on campus facilities including computer laboratories, library, cafe, bar and full working restaurant, and more.
- The campus is a five-minute walk to Manly Beach and shopping precinct with its cafes, restaurants and boutiques.
- Over 1,500 students from over 40 countries. Sixty percent of students are from Australia, with the remainder from all over the world.
- In order to better prepare students to enter the workforce after graduation, ICMS requires students to wear business attire while attending class and their internships.
- Most Faculty members are still employed in the industry, providing real world, current case studies for students. Faculty members include hotel managers, property management experts, and event management owners.
What is unique about Manly?
The campus is a five-minute walk to famous Manly beach and Manly's local town center, well known for its shopping precinct, cafés, restaurants and beachside lifestyle. A few minutes’ walk in the other direction will lead you to the foreshores of the harbor. There are harbor side bush walks to explore, extending more than 50 kilometres north and south. ICMS is also close enough to Sydney city – 17 minutes by fast ferry from Manly ferry wharf.
How do I choose among programs?
- See the Office of Global Learning’s “Selecting a Program” page for information on program types and considerations
- Use the search features on the Experience Cornell Opportunities page to filter for programs approved by your college, and by particular subject areas
- Go to the “Get Advice” page for information on drop-in advising hours, scheduling an advising appointment, returned student contacts, and college advisors for study abroad
- Find out about upcoming events, check out FAQs, and read stories from returned study abroad students
How do I apply?
Applying to study abroad is a two-step process. You may complete both steps simultaneously, but the Cornell approval process must be complete before your program advisor in the Office of Global Learning can submit any approval or nomination to the program.
- For Cornell Approval, click on the "Apply" button on this webpage. Applications are approved by the Office of Global Learning on a rolling basis until the application deadline listed on this page.
- For Program Admission, complete an external application directly on the program’s webpage, using the link in the “Snapshot” section. (Note: This deadline may be in advance of the general Cornell deadline for approval. Many programs fill by rolling admission.)