By the end of the site visit, students enrolled in the course should:
- understand the challenges and benefits for students, education professionals, and schools of enacting project-based pedagogy;
- be more inclined towards, and skilled at, reading education theory and research with sensitivity to context;
- be more comfortable with, and skilled at, modeling skills for elementary-age students;
- be more comfortable with, and skilled at, managing and motivating groups of elementary-age students when they are working on a specific product;
- understand the daily challenges of school professionals and be more comfortable and skilled at interacting with them; and
- appreciate the potential of story-telling in youth development.