Build support for federal and state climate and clean energy initiatives as an Atkinson Center-Environmental Defense Fund field operations intern in Washington, DC.
The National Field Operations team lies within EDF’s Political Affairs Program. The team’s primary purpose is to build support for national environmental policies in priority states, including climate change, clean energy, and defending core environmental laws. The Field Operations Intern will help coordinate field efforts to build support for federal and state climate and clean energy initiatives.
Tasks will include but are not limited to:
- Assist in field efforts to build support for federal and state climate and clean energy initiatives.
- Support collaboration and coordination across EDF teams in key target states.
- Support building partnerships with allied organizations and influential grassroots voices to achieve our goals and objectives.
- Support for digital organizing in key target states.
- Perform analysis of public officials and institutions that will impact climate and clean energy policy, including researching and reviewing public records.
- Facilitate consistent and effective communications among all program staff.
- Promote an organizational culture and structure that fosters communication, collaboration, teamwork, and trust.
- Perform any other outreach responsibilities to be arranged with supervisor based on intern interest.
10 weeks during the summer
Full-time (35 hours/week)
Compensation is $5,000 for the summer term.
Joshua Low, Field Manager, National Field Operations, Political Affairs
Please make certain to review the Requirements page prior to applying.