For first-year undergraduate students (Freshman) only
Must be a citizen of China
Incoming Cornell freshman have the opportunity to study on a beautiful campus and learn with and from peers without leaving China. Peking University (Beida) will be the academic home for selected first year students from Mainland China who are seeking a residential college experience. Students may choose 1-2 classes offered by PKU (see "Academics" tab) while taking the majority of their classes online with Cornell University. Beida's six divisions are very closely analogous to Cornell's seven undergraduate schools and colleges, so you are bound to find a second home at PKU.
- Keep on track at Cornell with 12-15 credits online, offered asynchronously
- Take one of Beida's "Peking University on China" courses in English (see "Academics" tab for list) or a university lecture in Chinese (available classes to be announced as soon as list is available)
- Live in a hotel with other Cornell students just across the street from PKU
- Enjoy access to Peking University student facilities, libraries, and activities
Housing and Meals
Being part of a living and learning environment is a core, and therefore required, aspect of all study away options.
Cornell students at Beida will be housed together in a hotel right across the street from PKU.
Meals are not included, but are available in cafeterias on campus.
Health and Safety
Peking University follows the coronavirus regulations of the the local government in Beijing and the Chinese national government.
- Use the "Apply" button below to complete Cornell application by July 10, 11:59pm, EDT - late submissions cannot be considered
- Once selected,*
- commit to the study away program by communicated deadline - students who fail to commit by the deadline will have their applications withdrawn
- Register with Study Away partner**
*Education Abroad advisors will select applications based on eligibility and availability and will inform students that they are selected July 13-17.
**The link to the partner application will be given to students upon acceptance by Cornell. Students must follow the study away program's process and timeline to apply for housing and course registration.
- Cornell advisor for study away application process: Each "Study Away" opportunity has a dedicated advisor in the Education Abroad team of the Office of Global Learning. The advisor for this program is listed in the side panel.
- Cornell school/college contacts: Each school and college at Cornell supports international students participating in the Fall "Cornell Study Away" option, and you will have online access to all student services as a registered Cornell student
While we cannot bring "The Hill" to you, you can share your Cornell spirit with peers as you live and study together.