Special Fall ‘20 opportunity to study with other Cornell students in a residential setting in France
Open to citizens of European Union member states, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway, Switzerland, United Kingdom and to permanent residents of France
Open to undergraduate and professional degree students only
While you study away from Cornell this fall semester, be a part of an academic community and go beyond the classroom with IAU Aix-en-Provence. Take an in-person course or intern in a wide variety of local industries. Supplement your coursework with activities designed to complement your studies; engage in the local community through clubs, volunteer with local organizations and attend social events with students from the various other academic institutions in the area.
- Keep on track at Cornell with 12-15 credits online, offered asynchronously
- Take up to two courses with IAU or a credit bearing internship
- Enjoy various extra-curricular activities
- Benefit from orientation and access to support staff
Housing and Meals
Being part of a living and learning environment is a core, and therefore required, aspect of all study away options.
Study Away students with IAU can choose between three different housing options:
- Homestays with local families, daily breakfast and 6 dinners a week included
- Apartments located throughout the city of Aix
- Resident Halls
Health and Safety
IAU will comply with local, regional, and national health and safety requirements.
- Use the "Apply" button below to complete Cornell application by July 10, 11:59pm, EDT - late submissions cannot be considered
- Once selected,*
- commit to the study away program by communicated deadline - students who fail to commit by the deadline will have their applications withdrawn
- Register with Study Away partner**
*Education Abroad advisors will select applications based on eligibility and availability and will inform students that they are selected July 13-17.
**The link to the partner application will be given to students upon acceptance by Cornell. Students must follow the study away program's process and timeline to apply for housing and course registration.
- Cornell advisor for study away application process: Each "Study Away" opportunity has a dedicated advisor in the Education Abroad team of the Office of Global Learning. The advisor for this program is listed in the side panel.
- Cornell school/college contacts: Each school and college at Cornell supports international students participating in the Fall "Cornell Study Away" option, and you will have online access to all student services as a registered Cornell student.
While we cannot bring "The Hill" to you, you can share your Cornell spirit with peers as you live and study together.