The Campus Sustainability Office offers many amazing job opportunities for students to work right here on campus!
Are you interested in sustainability, climate change, energy & waste reduction, behavior change & communication, relationship building, and Greek Life? Want to take on real projects with real responsibility? The Campus Sustainability Office is looking for an action-oriented student to take on the role of the Greek Life Sustainability Coordinator.
In this role, you will:
- Support Greek Life's sustainability chair program aimed to instill a culture of sustainability responsibility that catalyzes participation across the Greek community
- Maintain relationships and communication with Greek Life's house managers and sustainability chairs to support adoption of sustainable changes within chapters.
- Facilitate Greek Life participation in Cornell's sustainability initiatives (e.g. Energy Smackdown, Residential Compost Program, RecycleMania, Sustainability Month), including developing events and resources to maximize engagement
- Design and implement sustainability training for house managers and sustainability chairs
- Collaborate with the Office of Sorority & Fraternity Life, Student & Campus Life Facilities, and Greeks Go Green to align goals, ensure consistency, and establish programs & procedures when appropriate
How to apply
Send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include answers to the following questions:
Why are you interested in this job, and what experiences have prepared you to meet the required and preferred skills?
Please indicate if you have Federal Work Study (or equivalent) on your application. Note: This does not determine your eligibility for the position.
Applications due Friday September 27th 2019 and will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
The position is 10 hours/week over the 2019-2020 academic year. Students are expected to work part-time within the Campus Sustainability Office during business hours (M-F, 9-5pm), and work part-time remotely.
About the Campus Sustainability Office & Sustainable Campus
The Campus Sustainability Office works with all 30,000 Cornell students, faculty and staff to empower, equip, and engage the campus community in creating the solutions necessary for a healthy sustainable campus, community, and world. More information on how we are creating one of the leading sustainable campuses and other initiatives visit sustainablecampus.cornell.edu.