DTU Course registration
After you receive your DTU Acceptance Letter, you will be able to sign up for courses when the course registration period begins. Course registration for the autumn semester takes place in July and August, whereas course registration for the spring semester takes place in December and January. Please note that there is no guarantee of participation in the courses you have registered for. If a course is overbooked (too many students sign up), full degree students will have first priority. Please review this webpage for more Course Information about DTU.
Your academic experience abroad is going to be very different from home. Working under the policies and processes of the local institution, you may find a lot less structure, or a lot more.
Courses and Credit Approval
- To find information on specific courses, go to DTU's course catalogue. Remember to filter Teaching Language to English, and filter for fall or spring term.
- To discuss program fit, such as program type, expectations, level of structure/independence, or to compare options, get advice from Global Learning advisors and returned students.
- For assistance in selecting courses, see your faculty or college advisor. (Note: You may earn elective, distributional, minor or major credit depending on your major and college.)
- Complete the Proposed Course of Study form that is part of the Global Learning application for a record of how your courses will count for credit at Cornell.
- Study the language of the host country (or take a course in that language) when studying in a non-English speaking country for a semester or year
- Take the equivalent of 15 Cornell credits (= 30 ECTS at DTU) for a full semester, even if it is possible to take fewer and still graduate on time
- Complete all the academic work and stay until the end of the program, defined as the last officially-sanctioned exam for any course you take abroad
Registration and Grades
- You will be registered at Cornell and will earn credit for approved coursework for your semester/year study abroad
- Decisions on the final allocation of credit are made upon successful completion of the course (must earn grade equivalent of a “C” or higher—all courses must be taken for a letter grade)
- Grades will appear on the Cornell transcript in the same format as they are recorded on the original transcript generated by the study abroad program or university. Grades are not factored into the Cornell GPA.