DIS has rolling admissions and popular courses can fill early.
Experience the dynamics of drug discovery and development, learn biotechnology-based methods for disease treatment, and widen your perspective on the relationship between academia and the biotech industry.
What is unique about this program?
- Gain insight into world-leading biotechnology research, development, and academia on faculty-led study tours
- Get hands-on experience through the Drug Development Project by interviewing and researching a Scandinavian biomedical company about their products and labs
- Learn about the biology behind new-generation biopharmaceuticals from leaders on field studies to companies and research institutions
What is unique about Copenhagen?
- Denmark is known globally for innovative thinking in drug development and discovery and has continuously produced high-quality medical research
- The greater Copenhagen area is part of Medicon Valley, a competitive life science cluster that attracts many successful companies to the region
- There is a dynamic environment rich in innovation, and a tradition for knowledge sharing between companies, hospitals, universities, and public research institutions
- Watch videos on DIS's YouTube channel for a more in-depth look at the city.
How do I choose among programs?
- See the Office of Global Learning’s “” page for information on program types and considerations
- Use the search features on the Opportunities page to filter for programs approved by your college, and by particular subject areas
- Go to the “” page for information on drop-in advising hours, scheduling an advising appointment, returned student contacts, and college advisors for study abroad
- Find out about , check out , and read from returned study abroad students
How do I apply?
Applying to study abroad is a two-step process. You may complete both steps simultaneously, but the Cornell approval process must be complete before your program advisor in the Office of Global Learning can submit any approval or nomination to the program.
- For Cornell Approval, click on the "Apply" button on this webpage. Applications are approved by the Office of Global Learning on a rolling basis until the application deadline listed on this page.
- For Program Admission, complete an external application directly on the program’s webpage, using the link in the “Snapshot” section. (Note: This deadline may be in advance of the general Cornell deadline for approval. Many programs fill by rolling admission.