Influence people who appreciate practical, science- and economics-based approaches to protecting natural systems as an Atkinson Center-Environmental Defense Fund Digital Marketing intern in Washington, DC or San Francisco, CA.
The Digital Marketing Team manages EDF’s main social media accounts and is responsible for reaching key target audiences through organic and paid campaigns. This is a high-performing, cross-cutting team that works with all programs at EDF to advise on digital communications best practices and amplify program work.
Tasks will include but are not limited to:
- Engaging with EDF’s key audiences and social followers by writing compelling digital copy, launching ads and social posts, and reporting on the results.
- Helping produce quarterly and monthly reports on brand marketing initiatives across channels and platforms.
- Assisting with building a process to identify and catalogue web content by audience, topic, and performance.
- Helping build a strategy to optimize EDF’s Linkedin presence to build our brand and staff’s thought leadership.
- Identifying opportunities to optimize and maximize our monthly spend for Google Search traffic to EDF.org.
- Helping grow EDF’s Instagram account by drafting content calendars, monitoring analytics to report on insights and flagging member questions and comments.
- Researching, identifying and evaluating new digital channels and tools.
10 weeks during the summer
Full-time (35 hours/week)
Compensation is $5,000 for the summer term.
Ava Kavyani, Senior Manager of Digital Marketing
This is one of ten (10) Atkinson Center-Environmental Defense Fund summer internships available. You must submit a separate application for each internship, if applying for more than one.
Please make certain to review the Requirements page prior to applying.