- Cornell undergraduate graduating in December 2018 or later (1st year, SO, JR, & 1st semester SR)
- Must have a major in a non-CIS subject area; participants may have a CIS major as a double major
- Must have taken one course from each of the following categories:
- a course in programming and data structures (CS 2110 or equivalent).
- a course in linear algebra (MATH 2210, 2230, 1940, or 2310, or equivalent).
- a course in statistics or probability (MATH 4170, ECON 3110 or 3130, CS 2800 or 3850, ENGRG 2700, CEE 2040, or equivalent).