Established in 1853, the University of Melbourne is a public-spirited institution that makes distinctive contributions to society in research, learning and teaching and engagement. It’s consistently ranked among the leading universities in the world, with international rankings of world universities placing it as number 1 in Australia and number 32 in the world (Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2017-2018).
The ILR-University of Melbourne exchange is with the Faculty of Business and Economics. The University of Melbourne is ranked 8th globally for Accounting and Finance, 23rd for Economics and Econometrics, and 19th in the world for Social Sciences. The Faculty has been influencing policy design, corporate governance, and business practices globally for over 90 years and aspires to become one of the leading global providers of business and economics education and research.
What is unique about this program?
- Only open to ILR students.
- Earn up to 15 ILR elective credits.
- Select from a range of interesting courses in Accounting, Economics, Finance, Management and Marketing, and Actuarial Studies.
- Pursue other academic interests by taking up to two courses in other faculties if desired.
What is unique about Melbourne?
Melbourne, the capital of the state of Victoria, is Australia's second-largest city and has been ranked as the world's most liveable city for the last seven years according to the 2017 Global Liveability Report by the Economist Intelligence Unit. Melbourne is vibrant, culturally diverse, and characterized by its friendly people and atmosphere. The University of Melbourne is five minutes from the center of Melbourne, a leafy campus with cafés, shops, and spectacular architecture. With great public transportation, you'll feel right at home anywhere in the city.
How do I apply?
1. Meet with the program advisor in ILR (Tamara Ingram, email@example.com) to discuss your plans and eligibility.
2. Complete the online application by clicking on the "Apply" button on this web page. You must log in with your NetID and password to access the application.
3. If accepted and nominated to study at Melbourne, complete Melbourne's application. Melbourne will contact nominated ILR exchange students with the application instructions.