Renmin University of China (RUC) is the first comprehensive research university established by the People’s Republic of China. RUC initially began as Shanbei Public School in 1937 and gradually evolved into one of the most prestigious research universities in China in 1950. Today RUC specializes in the study of the humanities and the social sciences.
The ILR-RUC semester exchange is with the Renmin Business School (RBS). RBS has the longest history of management education in China, and it is one of the first institutes to offer an MBA in China. Its Business Administration ranked No. 1 in the national assessment of academic disciplines by the Ministry of Education, and RBS is one of the few business schools in China to have EQUIS and AACSB accreditation.
What is unique about this program?
- Only open to ILR students.
- No prior knowledge of Mandarin required.
- Earn up to 15 ILR elective credits.
- Take courses in English across a variety of departments in RBS such as Finance, Management Science and Engineering, Accounting, Trade Economics, General Management, Marketing, and Organization and Human Resources.
- Can also choose from courses in English in other schools such as the School of International Studies.
What is unique about Beijing?
Beijing, the capital of China, is one of the largest cities in the world. Visitors to Beijing are able to enjoy many great and historic attractions such as the Great Wall, the Forbidden City, Tiananmen Square, and the Summer Palace, to name a few.
RUC itself is located in the Haidian District of Beijing, which is the hub of university education and major software companies. Important universities in the area include Peking University, Tsinghua University, Beijing Institute of Technology, and Beijing Foreign Studies University. Major software companies in the area include Microsoft, NEC, and Siemens, among others. RUC is in close proximity to historic areas such as the Old Summer Palace, the Summer Palace, and the high speed rail.
How do I apply?
1. Meet with the program advisor in ILR (Tamara Ingram, firstname.lastname@example.org) to discuss your plans and eligibility.
2. Complete the online application by clicking on the "Apply" button on this web page. You must log in with your NetID and password to access the application.
3. If accepted and nominated to study at RBS, complete RBS's application. RBS will send application instructions to nominated students.