FSAD students may study Fashion Design in French for a semester at ESMOD.
What is unique about ESMOD?
ESMOD, the Ecole Superieure des Arts et Techniques de la Mode, is one of the leading fashion design schools in the world. It is partnered with ISEM for Fashion Business.
What is unique about the location?
From its mansion in New Athens to the ISEM premises, rue de Cléry, ESMOD Paris is as well housed as it is situated... In the center of the capital, near the department stores, not far from the Louvre and the Opera, its two sites welcome students with equal performance requirements. Rue de la Rochefoucauld, the decor combines elegance, aesthetics, technicality and ergonomics. A monumental atrium, adorned with a Eiffel-like metal structure, topped with a colored glass cupola, is the heart of the building as well as that of the life of the school. Events, juries, installations follow one another ... Numerous classrooms, as bright as they are spacious, are spread over four floors, sheltering the prolific and productive work of students. Large basements host computer rooms, fabric storehouse, and documentation resources.
How do I choose among programs?
- See the Office of Global Learning’s “Selecting a Program” page for information on program types and considerations
- Use the search features on the Experience Cornell Opportunities page to filter for programs approved by your college, and by particular subject areas
- Go to the “Get Advice” page for information on drop-in advising hours, scheduling an advising appointment, returned student contacts, and college advisors for study abroad
- Find out about upcoming events, check out FAQs, and read stories from returned study abroad students
How do I apply?
Applying to study on an exchange program is a two-step process. The Cornell approval process must be complete before your program advisor in the Office of Global Learning can submit your nomination to the exchange partner. Exchanges may have limited spaces, so early applications are encouraged.
- For Cornell approval and nomination, click on the "Apply" button on this webpage. Applications are approved by your college and the Office of Global Learning on a rolling basis until the application deadline listed on this page, or earlier, if filled.
- Once nominated by Cornell, complete an external application specifically for exchange students. Schools typically admit the students nominated by exchange partners, but you must complete this process for them to review your application and offer you a place.