The Office of Global Learning provides the below estimated budget so you can understand the costs of your program and how they will be paid. The estimated budget indicates which study abroad costs are billable through Cornell, through the host institution, or out of pocket.
- Charges that will appear on your bursar bill:
- Your regular Cornell tuition: In-State, Out-of-State, or Endowed
- Estimated additional costs paid directly by the student, such as:
- Round-trip airfare, visa, immunizations (if required)
- Housing and meals
- Books, local transportation, and other personal expenses
|Costs Billable by University Bursar||Out-of-State||In-State|
|Cornell University Tuition *||$29,293||$19,622|
|Program Fee (inc. housing, some meals)||$5,500||$5,500|
|Sub-Total to be Billed via CU Bursar||$34,793||$25,122|
|Estimated Additional Costs|
|(payable on-site or prior to departure)|
|Books and supplies||$200||$200|
|Estimated Int'l Airfare (East Coast departure)||$1,500||$1,500|
|Sub-Total Costs Paid Directly by Student||$4,600||$4,600|
|Total Cost of Attendance (estimated)||$39,393||$29,722|
* Rates appearing are quoted from 2020/21 tuition rates. Tuition rate for 2021/22 has not been published.
If you are eligible for financial aid when you are on campus, subject to the same conditions, you will maintain your aid eligibility when you study abroad for a semester or year. This includes, but is not limited to, maintaining Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP). Your Estimated Family Contribution (EFC) will remain the same for the academic year.