The Cornell Global Program, CASA Granada offers an Intensive Spanish Language Studies (CILE) track that is exclusively language focused.
What is unique about this program?
This program is designed to immerse students fully in the Spanish language and is ideal for:
Students who have had no prior Spanish language instruction
Students who are at beginner or low-intermediate levels of Spanish language acquisition
Students take Spanish language courses in modules, progressing each month to another level of Spanish. After one semester at the University of Granada's renowned Centro de Lenguas Modernas, students gain a significant command of the Spanish language.
What is unique about Granada?
Located in the southeast of Andalusia, at the foot of Sierra Nevada, Granada is a stunning city with a wealth of opportunities to keep students engaged. The city is a contrast between old and new, offering both rich historic sites and contemporary amenities. The Alhambra overlooking the city is one of marvels of Spain for its beauty and history. The area surrounding Granada also offers opportunities for activities beyond the city, whether biking or hiking with friends in the nearby hills to skiing at one of Spain’s best resorts or enjoying the tropical climate and beautiful beaches of the nearby Mediterranean Sea.
How do I choose among programs?
- See the Office of Global Learning’s “Selecting a Program” page for information on program types and considerations
- Use the search features on the Experience Cornell Opportunities page to filter for programs approved by your college, and by particular subject areas
- Go to the “Get Advice” page for information on drop-in advising hours, scheduling an advising appointment, returned student contacts, and college advisors for study abroad
- Find out about upcoming events, check out FAQs, and read stories from returned study abroad students
How do I apply?
Applying to study abroad is a two-step process. You may complete both steps simultaneously, but the Cornell approval process must be complete before your program advisor in the Office of Global Learning can submit any approval or nomination to the program.
- For Cornell Approval, click on the "Apply" button on this webpage. Applications are approved by the Office of Global Learning on a rolling basis until the application deadline listed on this page.
- For Program Admission, complete an external application directly on the program’s webpage, using the link in the “Snapshot” section. (Note: This deadline may be in advance of the general Cornell deadline for approval. Many programs fill by rolling admission.