CASA Argentina is Temporarily Suspended for Spring 2022
CASA Argentina provides students with the unique opportunity to immerse themselves in Argentine culture and the Spanish language
Buenos Aires, the capital and largest city of Argentina, is a cosmopolitan center known for its European flavor and sophisticated culture. Considered “the Paris of South America”, Buenos Aires has grown from a Spanish colonial capital founded in 1536 into a dynamic international city made up of a complex system of neighborhoods, each with its own distinct flavor.
Consortium for Advanced Studies Abroad (CASA)
The Cornell Global Program, CASA Argentina is offered by the Consortium for Advanced Studies Abroad, which is comprised of leading research universities in the US and abroad. The CASA Buenos Aires program is based at Harvard University's David Rockefeller Center for Latin American Studies (DRCLAS, affectionately pronounced "Dr. Class"), in Buenos Aires, a hub for research and intellectual life.
Upon the students’ arrival, the CASA resident director in Buenos Aires facilitates a week-long orientation to ensure the students’ transition into Argentine culture, both academic and social, is a smooth one, through daily presentations and cultural, practical, and academic-related events. The orientation program includes an immersion experience into Argentine language, cultural history, politics, and literature. Cultural events are scheduled, such as a Milonga (tango show) and visits to local museums and universities. Students also visit Chile alongside the CASA Santiago students who also Buenos Aires.
To enhance the cultural and linguistic experience, students live with local families.
Things to consider before applying
- Review the information on the Education Abroad Office’s Get Started page for important considerations on academics and finances, and a guide to next steps
- Find answers on the Education Abroad FAQ and resource pages for Cornell study abroad policy, health, and safety updates
- Still have questions? Visit the Get Advice page and learn how to connect with an Education Abroad Advisors
- Want to keep up to date with Cornellians Abroad? Follow Education Abroad on social media, @cornelliansabroad, @CornellEducationAbroad
How do I apply?
- Everything you need for Cornell approval and for admission to the program is handled through the Cornell application using the green "Apply" button below
- Completed applications are reviewed early after the relevant transcripts are available* and again at the program application deadline. *Completed applications include the most recent spring transcript for the following spring study abroad and the fall transcript for fall/year abroad